Wednesday 23 November 2011

The Housemaid's Daughter


You will have noticed that this blog has been rather quiet of late, but no longer! The news is out!

I am thrilled to report that publishing giant, Headline, will be publishing a new version of the original Karoo Plainsong under the title "The Housemaid's Daughter" in late 2012/early 2013. The book will initially appear as a hardcover, and then as a paperback and ebook.

For me, this is the culmination of an extraordinary year. Just 12 months ago, regular readers of this blog will know that I was preparing for the launch of the original book in the UK and SA, and firing up my home-grown marketing campaign via facebook, this blog and my website www.barbaramutch.com. To my astonishment, this alliance of facebook-blog-website allowed me to connect with hundreds of readers in all parts of the world. Many of you then sent me comments and reviews which I placed on the website, and which helped fuel the interest in the book.

Well, it's all about to happen again, but this time with the considerable force of a major publisher behind me. I feel incredibly fortunate, and can't wait to see where the next 12 months will lead. Join me on the journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment