Friday 30 December 2011

The Housemaid's Daughter in 2012



2011 was a great year! Thank you to all of you who have read the original Karoo Plainsong, and got in touch with me to say so - and then told all your friends about it!

But now we're at the start of a new year and a new journey for my story. Karoo Plainsong is about to become The Housemaid's Daughter and, with a major publishing house behind me, the book will hopefully spread further around the world than you and I ever imagined.

The first task for the publisher is to create an arresting new cover, and I look forward to working with them in the coming months on this. As soon as we have the new image, I will be updating this blog, my original Plainsong facebook page, and my website to reflect the new look of the book. In terms of timing, we hope that The Housemaid's Daughter will be ready as a brand new hardback in the UK towards the end of 2012, with the paperback coming out in early 2013. The book will be launched in South Africa in 2012, and I have been meeting with the SA distributers to discuss the local launch.

Next month I will be in Australia and New Zealand and will have the chance of talking to their distributers' publicity departments about the plans for Housemaid down under.
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment