Saturday 2 February 2013

The Housemaid's Daughter Launch in Cape Town



I am delighted to announce that my South African publishers, Jonathan Ball, are hosting a launch of the new paperback edition of The Housemaid's Daughter in Cape Town on Wednesday 27th February.

It will take place at The Book Lounge in central Cape Town. Please go onto the Book Lounge's website to see more details:
www.booklounge.co.za and click on Feb 27th for your Invitation.
I will be speaking - for a short while! - and then we will have the chance to chat over a glass of Leopard's Leap wine - what a pleasure! If you are going to be in Cape Town on the day then do please RSVP and come along. Please bring any of your friends/colleagues who may have read the book, or who are interested in my journey from unknown scribbler to published author.

While I have been in South Africa, I have been kept well informed by reports from various friends back in the UK, who are watching the progress of the new UK paperback on the "charts" at their local bookstores. Thank you, scouts! Since publication of the paperback in early January we have nipped into a position just outside the Top 100. I have received a series of great reviews recently, so hopefully this will propel the book upwards. I am reminded of the Olympics this past summer: higher, faster, stronger! Let's create some momentum of our own! Please keep spreading the word - your recommendations are still my best form of publicity.

I look forward to seeing you at the Cape Town Launch if you're in the vicinity. And keep an eye out for the new paperback in SA stores from about the 15th of February. Post a pic on facebook when you spot one...

No comments:

Post a Comment