Tuesday 21 February 2017

The Girl from Simon's Bay on air


I was thrilled to be invited onto SAfm's Literature program on Sunday 19th Feb. Hosted by Nancy Richards, it features all things literary including interviews with authors from South Africa and abroad. The Girl from Simon's Bay was chosen as the "Hero book" on Sunday's show, and we chatted for about half an hour live on air. You can listen to the interview if you go to my website barbaramutch.com and click on Events.

Whenever I go on radio, I'm always amazed at how efficient it is! No cast of thousands required here, as is the case with television. There was Nancy and her charming producer, a bank of complicated equipment... and they were good to go. Long live radio! No wonder it can bring us so much variety and can respond so fast to breaking stories.

I am counting down to the launch of The Girl from Simon's Bay in Cape Town during the week of the 6th March. If you happen to be in the area, do join me at one of the following events:

Monday 6th March at 10am at Fish Hoek Library for a Literary Tea - talk and reading
Wed 8th March at 10.30am at Exclusive Books in Cavendish Square, Claremont, for tea and book signing
Wed 8th March at 5.30 for 6pm at Wordsworth Books, Longbeach Mall, Noordhoek for talk and book signing, with refreshments

Do take a look at my website, again under Events, for the Invitations to the above.
I look forward to seeing you!

No comments:

Post a Comment