Saturday 21 October 2017

Welcome to La Chica de Simon's Bay!



On the 26th of October 2017, La Chica de Simon's Bay will hit Spanish bookshops and online booksellers.

Yes, the Spanish translation of my novel, The Girl from Simon's Bay, has arrived. I hope it will emulate the success of La Hija de la Criada (The Housemaid's Daughter) and sell tens of thousands of copies in Spain!

The book has been translated from English into Spanish by the impressively named Maria de Puerto Barruetabena Diez, and is 400 pages long. My Spanish publisher has tweaked the cover image slightly from the English version to produce an evocative, early-morning rendition of a mountainous coastline skirting a foam-flecked Simon's Bay. It looks uncannily similar, I'm sure you'll agree, to the photo that I took recently...

I'm always excited when a foreign translation comes out. It's like launching a ship on an unknown journey. Will it reach its destination? Will it survive the storms and do better than expected? I was thrilled by Spanish readers' enthusiasm for La Hija de la Criada, so I hope they will take Louise and David and their story, set on the shores of Simon's Bay, to their hearts and make it a runaway success.

Good luck!
Buena suerte!


No comments:

Post a Comment