Thursday 29 December 2022

New Year's Reso - revo?! - lutions?



We probably all start out with one New Year's Resolution... which we may choose to keep to ourselves - too shy or embarrassed to reveal its grandiosity or meagreness - or perhaps we may be confident enough of potential success to broadcast it for all to hear. Even if it happens to be of the revolutionary/life-changing sort? 

I confess that I tend to keep quiet about any reso - revo - lution I have in mind. 
Better to achieve a surprise triumph than underwhelm...
But here's one that I believe we can all share out loud. It's a traditional Tibetan proverb that I've long admired. I think it offers the best kind of quiet res-revo challenge for the New Year; one that will will enhance our own lives and hopefully uplift the lives of those around us. 
Perhaps you might like to join me?

Eat Half
Walk Double
Laugh Triple
And Love without Measure...

Pass it on! 

Happy 2023!

PS Perhaps I should add:
And let's read more! 



No comments:

Post a Comment