Sunday 21 March 2021

Oops! A shift of focus!

 

In my novel The Girl from Simon's Bay, I've placed my characters in dockyards and hospitals, on mountains and warships, on the sea shore, on urban streets... One place I regret not including is the small seaside village of Misty Cliffs, a community clinging to the mountainside above the wild ocean to the west of Cape Point. Here, the winds seem powered by the Roaring Forties, and the waves can roll up to your front door. My hero and heroine would have loved the untamed setting... who knows what might have ensued?   


On a recent visit, with the wind gusting strongly, I nevertheless stopped for a photograph with the book. My photographer quickly became distracted by the spectacular kitesurfing taking place behind me and the result is this amazing video of some exceptionally talented souls. He tried one more time to get me in the frame, but again his attention wandered. I can't say I blame him. Their exploits are certainly spectacular!



No comments:

Post a Comment